Wednesday, September 2, 2009

He's the Boss

Davis is doing so great and I really have no complaints. Of course, I miss my sleep, but then when I go into his room at night and see his little face, I can't possibly be too upset. He's the sweetest thing ever. But, we are still on his schedule it seems, so he's the boss. I'm trying really hard to get him to eat every 3 hours. It's working pretty well, but it's still hard at times. During the night is a different story. Last night, he actually woke up at 1am and 4am, sleeping 3 hours between every feeding. I'm hoping for 4 hours in between, but this isn't so bad. I'm so in love with him that I really hate when the days end. I can't wait until the next morning when I can see his little face.

We had his two week checkup yesterday and everything is going great! He's gained his birth weight and then some, so atleast I know he's eating enough food. I had been a little concerned with a few red bumps that have appeared on him and come to find out that it's baby acne. These and his little red nose spot will go away probably within the month.

After Davis' second night of being at home, he is already sleeping in his own room. He does not like the bassinet that we have in our room at all and prefers his crib. I just say that's because I had all the mattresses out on the floor in Target and was trying them for myself. Today has been my first day at home completely alone with him and so far, so good. We were able to go on a good 3 mile walk this morning...thank goodness. I've actually been able to get some stuff done around the house and take a nap. Hopefully this is a good sign! *crossing fingers* And I also really can't wait until we go and take pictures with him. I think we are going to wait until next month, but now all of a sudden, that seems so far away. He's changing so much already! I don't want him to get big. He's so sweet and cute like this that thinking of him getting bigger makes me sad already. Lord, I know. Michael and I were actually able to go out to eat last night which felt like we should get a medal or something. Haha. It is really weird not having him at home with me. I really don't think I would be doing so great today if he hadn't helped me out so much when he was here. He is so wonderful. One night he even surprised me with a candlelight dinner at home. It was fantastic...especially with my hair sticking straight up and bags down to my chin! :)I am so blessed and love the life that we have all made together. I am so excited to have Davis in my life!
Click me:
Vote For Us @ PoshLittle.Com!

6 comments:

KMServino said...

Where are pictures! i want to see this cute little boss man.

Annie said...

sounds like he is just the prefect little guy!! so happy for you....

i was like that at night too....just waiting or him to wake up every couple of hours so I could snuggle him :)

NOW (8.5 months later) he sleeps 10-11 hours straight a night...and it is HEAVEN!!

Steph said...

Congrats on the little man! Love your header picture.

...stopping by from SITS...

Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

Heather@WHMB said...

Enjoy the moments, they go sooo fast! It sounds like you are doing just that, keep up the good work mama!

The Redhead Riter said...

I want to see a pic of the baby! Congrats! You sound so happy!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. You sound like one happy Mommy!

Just stopping by from SITS to say hi; hope you find time to do the same.