Monday, March 14, 2011

You Know Your Life Has Changed When...

Do you ever have thoughts and think, damn! Am I getting old? These moments seem to happen to me a lot. Like, almost everyday. If I told you all of them, I'm afraid we would be here for quite a while.

For instance when I go to a friend's house and fall in love with their washer and dryer. Ya see, our washer and dryer is from the stone age and I'm surprised at how it still works great. So we don't actually need a new one, but I sure would LOVE a new one. Wow, that's a nice piece of machinery you've got going on in there. I would totally love to have my hands on that! As drool is forming in the mouth.


Oh, the loads of laundry I could do in that baby! And then you suddenly have dreams of redoing your entire laundry room. Thought clouds forming above head.

Or when you have become suddenly excited and can not wait until Friday. Practically jumping up and down, can't stand it kind of excited. Why? No. It's not hot date night with the hubby, or hanging out with friends. No, my friend....it's better. Chuck E Cheese! Oh yeah. I couldn't contain myself and felt like I reverted back to my youth as I used the excuse we were going to take Davis there to play. It's the little things, right?

(And to be honest I had such a great time even though I was surrounded by Bebe's kids!) Oh, and they serve beer now? I don't even know if that should be allowed! Moving on...

And when we have a Mardi Gras party and we were in bed...before 2! The kitchen was cleaned, everyone was gone, and we were out! It was so much fun, but I think my days of partying are so long gone it's not even funny.

Again, you find yourself at a friends and are in awe of their fence. Yes, the fence. It looks so pretty, you think to yourself....only you realize you say it out loud. We are shopping around for someone to stain ours, so this is why I was gawking at the fence in the first place...but still! How conversations have changed over the last few years. From partying to fences. I couldn't even relate the two if I tried! Unless I was at a party and I jumped the fence, but that's a whole other blog post!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not alone. A friend of ours got the red washer and dryer like the ones your pictured and when it played a little jungle when it was done, I squealed in delight! Then I came home and glared at my perfectly good but not as fancy set. Also - getting old when all the music on the radio sounds like gibberish... this is happening to me!

Moments and Impressions said...

oh the washer thing is when I knew it had happened to me... we lived in an apartment. We rented it sight unseen when the hubby started residency. Coin Operated Laundry!! 6 months with a baby there - and I cried tears of joy when our washer an dryer were delivered to our townhouse... tears. You know you are a grown-up mama... Chuck-e-cheese is still a little nerve wraking for us though...

Anonymous said...

I would love a new washer and dryer too. But i'm dreaming still!

And chuckie cheese is the place to be girlfriend!


and don't forget to check out the giveways I'll be having on my blog for my bday month and go enter!@

Stephanie @ dial m for minky said...

Oh yes, I know this all too well. I envy appliances, kitchens, hardwood floors. Long gone are the days of staying out late. I'd rather plan a great dinner party and include as many kids as I can!

Heather said...

I totally hear you on that one. I still refuse to admit that I'll be turning 30 this year. Things have DEFINITELY changed within the last 10 years. But I wouldn't change it for the world!