Monday, August 3, 2009

Getting closer.....I think :)

Today, Michael and I went in for my 36 week checkup. Everything went really well. I don't have to take any extra meds for the strep test that I took last week. Thank goodness!! Next week, I will be checked to see how far dilated I am. IF I am dilated enough at 38 weeks, I will be induced at 39! Sigh. I know it's not like that's massively early or anything, but any kind of early at this point feels like a sigh of relief. But, I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Wow! That would be two weeks from this Thursday. I'm really hoping that I will be able to be induced though. When we went to the hospital several weeks ago, I was already a little over 1cm dilated, so I'm hoping that something more has been going on in there. But then again, I think Davis is just as stubborn as his mama, so I'm thinking that he's changing his mind about coming out. We'll see! After my appointment today, I actually started to freak out a little bit. Crying in the car. Crying when we got home. I played music for Davis while sitting in his room today and a flood of thoughts came rushing in. I just started balling. It's like the closer that it gets to his arrival, the more freaked out I am becoming. And I mean, freaked out. Everything from-can we do this financially? I am going to be staying at home and not working. Then the other end of the spectrum of-Can I actually do this!? I feel like I usually deal with change quite well, but I can say that I've never had this much of a huge change in my life before. I just keep reminding myself that Michael and I have a phenomenal relationship and we have gotten through so much together. We can do this. In a little less than three weeks, I could be at home with my baby boy. I'm so excited and overjoyed to be a mom. Always An Adventure!

Remember to vote for my blog by clicking here for the Top Baby Blogs!

14 comments:

tboyle said...

YOU WILL BE A GREAT MOM JESS - DONT FREAK OUT. YES IT IS LIFE ALTERING, BUT IT IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD (BEING A MOM)... YOU HAVE A TON OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO HELP YOU OUT (IN PERSON AND IN SPIRIT) SO RELAX -- AND GO WITH THE FLOW.

REMEMBER I LOVE YOU AND WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU - IM JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY -

XXX

The Dimino's said...

It is definitely overwhelming!! Everything will be ok and you CAN do this!! I was worried about the financial part too but everything is fine!! You should come tomorrow to the beach party!! I know it is going to be hot but we are probably not staying that long because of that!! I just want to go meet everybody!!

Carrie said...

Being a new mom is overwhelming- there's no way around that. But you will figure out the things that work for you and your baby and you will figure out a schedule and all those little things and you will do GREAT!!

I'm so not a baby person, and I've managed to get through the newborn stage twice! :)

Anonymous said...

I freaked out too - you are not alone! It really is overwhelming at first but I would say after about 6 weeks, I found my footing. You can do it and you'll be great!

Jessica said...

I can't imagine what it must be like for you - what an exciting (and scary) time of your life!

Lisa said...

I have the exact same thoughts! And just this weekend the crying started - freaked my husband out a bit because I haven't been super emotional till now. We might be having our sons the same time, depending on how long Baby Z takes!

JayJayGhatt said...

rolling into the homestretch! I can tell already, you are going to really enjoy it all! there's gonna be some "stuff" unexpected. but after you shake that off, you guys will roll right in there! :D can't wait!

Lea Liz said...

You will be a great mom and everyhting will come so naturally!! It is all a nig change but so amazing and such a blessing!!!!!! I am so excitied for you because I know how wonderful and amazing it is!!!!!

Heather@WHMB said...

I felt the same way - and you will feel it after he's here too! I remember sitting on the couch, holding Brooklyn when she was about 4 days old and LOSING IT. Husband staring at me like I'm crazy losing it.

Then, it all clicked.

It will click for you too and you'll rock.

Hang in there!

Annie said...

you can FOR SURE do it...and as soon as you hold that little precious boy you will have NO more doubts! it will be hard at times...but ALWAYS worth it!

i was SO ready to go into labor. i got induced 9 days before my due date and it was great (no more waiting to 'feel something happening')! i was dialated to 2 1/2 and 100% effaced for about two weeks...

it is SO soon for you! yay.

Colette S said...

Ooh congratulations! I promise you'll be great and then some! The mama bear in you will just come out :)

Pam said...

These days of anticipation will be a part of your life forever. I can remember being close to my due date with my first (18 years ago!) looking at the crib and wondering what it all would be like. You are going to have so much fun with that sweet little guy! My advice---Sleep now!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

You can do things you'd never imagine you could do. :)

Sits friend stopping by
d

New Mommy!!! said...

You will be a wonderful mother! It will be different than you expected, and it will be challenging at times... It is a completely different lifestyle. You are giving yourself to someone else fully and entirely in a completely different way than when you were married-I am assuming that your husband probably can feed, bathe, clothe, go to the bathroom by himself, etc. That is good that you and your hubby have a strong bond, becasue that will be important during the beginning weeks. Your relationship will be tested, but it will so be worth it in the long run. That beautiful baby boy will become your world. How blessed you are to be able to be at home with him! The struggle and the sacrifice will be worth every moment that you get to spend with him. Hang int here through the rough spots in the beginning, it does get easier. God bless you and your family! Good luck.