Friday, January 14, 2011

Mommy Battles

a mom blog community




Although I have yet to scream about the house about wire hangers, I have already had my moments in the short, yet seemingly long, 17 months of Davis' exsistence. But who hasn't, right? While the joys of childhood are ever exciting, they are filled with tedious, over exhausting moments, where all you want to do is scream in a pillow. So needless to say, I can be that lazy mom at times, when I want to throw my hands in the air and scream that I give! Thank goodness I'm stubborn and don't give up too easy.

However, Davis has been known to feed the dog. Not only feed the dog, but take a bite himself, give a bite to the dog, and then stick it back in his mouth. Now 9 times out of 10, I take the food away and tell him no. But sad to say, there have been a few times where I consider it the 5 second rule as if it were dropped on the floor. I mean come on, the kid dug out of the trash can and ate the food. He doesn't care where it comes from!

On those very fun and tiring days, sometimes bath time is not my friend. I stare at the clock, just waiting for it to be bedtime for Davis, just so I can have some time to myself. Sometimes bedtime can't come quick enough. So what do I do? I skip bath time. Yup, I am that mom. Even after he may have eaten spaghetti, ravioli, or some other form of pasta. To where he should have gotten a bath, but my drooping eyelids told me otherwise. I do put him in clean pj's and wash his face and hands, but I justify no bath by telling myself he didn't roll in the dirt today. That makes it all okay then. Nevermind the fact that it is 29 degrees outside and I would really be questioned if my child was outside playing!



I'm sure as the days, months, and years go on, I could write my own book filled with short cuts, lazy moments, and other incidents that would raise some eyebrows!

2 comments:

jules said...

Nothing wrong with that.....I'm sure he's not growing mold anywhere. He's just fine.

Kathleen said...

This made me laugh out loud. My little one once decided to try out the cat food. I only realized it when I heard him go MMMMMMM and I realized I had not provided him with whatever he was eating. When I ran to take the rest out of his hands, he shoved it all in his mouth and ran away! Life goes on!

stopping by via blog dare.