Tuesday, February 8, 2011

NO Time To Cook!



Did you ever envision that you would be a 'Leave It To Beaver' mom, but maybe minus the pearls while cooking? TV makes it look so easy. The moms are all nice and dressed. The hairs all on in place. The table is always set so perfect and the children were smart enough not to enter the kitchen while the moms were cooking. Who has time to roast a duck and do all of the trimmings every night. You realize, oh yes, life happened. That's right! So, instead of the pearls, you feel like this instead...

I hear so many of my friends say all the time they have absolutley no time to cook. Ever! I don't make a five course meal everynight, but home cooked meal sure beats McDonald's! Now, I realize that little Johnny has soccer practice and Lily has ballet. But if you have 40 minutes, you can beat the drive through.

A few months back I posted about how I made a binder full of To-Do Lists. Including house chores, coupons, Davis' schedule, and recipe/menu for the week. So I wanted to write this post for every busy mom to give an example! You can make an amazing meal that seems like it took forever, but it was as easy as can be! Oh...and did I mention all are HEALTHY?!?

Monday

Chicken, Ham, and Swiss Roulades w/ side Salad

**This is a fancy way of saying beat the crap of the chicken and roll some ham and swiss up in there!***

Total time: 30 min

Calories: 524


Tuesday

Creamy Rice W/ Roasted Shrimp

Total time: 40 min

Calories: 412


Wednesday

Margherita Pizza

Total Time: 40 min

Calories: 464

And who doesn't love pizza!?!


Thursday

Cheese Ravioli W/ Toasted Walnuts

Total time: 20 min

Calories: 491


Friday

Asian Chicken w/ Brussel Sprouts

Total Time: 30 min

Calories: 246


Trust me when I say these will all fill you up! I'm a busy mom just like the next one, so I wanted to give you an example of our menu!


Your husband will love them, and so will the kids. Throw some raisins in with the brussel sprouts and they are delicious!


Note: These recipes are all Davis approved :)


5 comments:

Tina L. Hook said...

I think we can all benefit from quick recipes. I am a fan of fresh food made fast.

Tina L. Hook said...

PS Thank you for your lovely comment last week.

Big Mama Cass said...

You know I want you to email me those recipes right?!?!

Mama Hen said...

Delicious! It is hard to cook every night, but I think having a plan is a great idea. This looks like a great week of meals. Have a good night!

Mama Hen

Lift Like A Mom said...

Thanks! It saves me $$ at the store vs just buying random stuff!!

I will get those recipes to you lady :)