Monday, December 5, 2011

Conversation With A Two Year Old

I've been trying to prepare Davis to go see Santa and take pictures this year. Like most kids, Davis does NOT like Santa quite yet. Well, he actually doesn't like anything or anyone that is dressed in any sort of costume. A giant dog could hand over a brand new firetruck and Davis would still be deathly afraid and run away. So, every day we talk about Santa. Santa says, "HO, HO, HO" and of course the talk about you have to be good! He doesn't fully understand the being good part. Really wish he would understand that Santa will bring him a bag of coal if he is bad!
Me: Davis, what does Santa say?
Davis: HO, HO, HO
Me: Davis, we are going to go take pictures today with Santa! Aren't you excited?
Davis: HO
Me: Remember? You have to be a good boy and Santa will bring you treats and presents for underneath the tree. What are you going to tell him you want?
Davis: CHOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO
Me: Okay, let's practice. Repeat after me. Santa. I want a new choo choo
Davis: (Repeated after every word)

I'll get this boy dressed and ready to go today, but something tells me the big jolly, happiest man in the world will bring my sweet boy to tears. Stay tuned :)


Conversation part 2:
Me: Davis, it's so cold outside today. Want to go to the mall and play for a while on the playground?
Davis: Yes, play!
Me: Do you want to go to the mall?
Davis: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! MALLLLLL PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!
Me: You are so my child. Someday, a lucky girl is going to love that you love the mall. Let's go my little sidekick.
Davis: MAMA! MALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Okay, Okay. We are going. Too bad I wasn't going to get my shop on.


Conversation Part 3
Me: Davis, we need to run to Target real quick
Davis: BABANAS!!!!!! BABANAS, MAMA!!!!
Me: Yeah, baby. We need to go get you more bananas.
Davis: Yay, babanas!

Davis: (looking up at my proudly) I helper, mama. I, helper!

Davis is starting to talk more and more, and it has to be the cutest thing ever. I love you, little man!!

1 comment:

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

Wicked cute!!! You should link this up on my Saturday laughs next week.