Monday, December 12, 2011

Pinterest Made Me Drink

Are you on pinterest? If you're not, be ready to be addicted. If you are, then you already know that pinterest is the devil, and it's like trying to give up crack. Okay, maybe not that far, but you get the point. I can waste way too much time on there, pinning things that I know I'll never make, never have in my home, and never be able to figure out that dang hairstyle. But I do it anyway, because hey, a girl can dream!

My craft list on pinterest is growing by the minute on there. I would have to have a barn to fill with the things I'm supposedly going to make! Since we are still in the apartment, I don't exactly have enough space to fill for the pins I'm pinning. So, half of them are going to have to wait until next year.

HOWEVER, I actually made my first pinterest DIY! Yes, people, it happened. I drank my way to my craft! I know, I know. Me? Drink? Well, if my banner and title of my blog doesn't give it away, then I don't know what to tell you. Mama likes a good glass of wine. So, pinterest+wine bottle+crafty stuff=amazing! One night, I decided to go on a drinking binge for the sake of pinterest, and downed about 10 bottles of wine. Please call Betty Ford and have me admitted. Just kidding, I spread the 10 over two nights, so we're good now. (again, kidding...maybe) Have you seen the salt wine bottles for Christmas? Too cute! So I made some. I actually made my friend come over and do some with me. She's a crafty nerd too, so it was pretty fun!

Seeing as how I left my sms card in the car and it's only 29 degrees outside, I took some quick pics with my phone. So you won't be able to see my amazing photog skills right now...because mama is lazy and doesn't want to get out in the cold!

Pretty, right? If you don't think so, just don't tell me. But it was super easy! Just pick out the color of spray paint you want, rub on some mod podge glue, and sprinkle epsom or sea salt! Voila! Homemade Christmas decoration that you drank your way to! Haha :)

What have you made? I'm on a mission to make a wreath, now. We'll see how that turns out. Don't worry, it's not a wine bottle wreath or anything! Wait! I can make a cork wreath! :)

2 comments:

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

This is awesome!

Anonymous said...

No, i freaking love it! i was gonna do those too! jealous!