Monday, November 1, 2010

Alice In Wonderland Is A Hooker?

What ever happened to Halloween being for the kids? Cute little ones parading around in their adorable fairy, spiderman, and witch costumes? So excited as they run up to your door, wondering if you have better candy than your neighbors. Of course, there is an exception to this rule. You are a parent. By which this means you have earned your right of passage to live through your child and go trick or treating all over again. You dress up to match your childs costume, maybe. You feel like you're 5 and it feels good! Just waiting to put the kid to bed and rummage through the bag! Because we all know that your one year old is not eating that butterfinger bar, but by God, you are going to show off that cute costume that you bought months ago!

Which brings me to the high school kids dressed as tramps. Did your mother see you were leaving your house with absolutely no clothes on? It's precious when a five year old is wearing Alice in Wonderland, but if you are still squeezing yourself into the same costume at 16, then I think it's time to move on. How did sexy police officer become sexy Belle and Alice! So as these soon to be adults are making their way up the drive way, I am thinking, wow! Is this really happening? With their no mannered self and just taking the candy right out of the bowl, not saying a word. Oh dear Lord! What is happening! There goes the sweet innocence of Disney Movies! Much to my surprise, this little girl comes up shortly after and I have to say, she was a doll! She thanked us very much for her candy and handed over a 'thank you stick.' Her mom and her painted popsicle sticks to look like candy corn and wrote thank you on them. I thought this had to be the sweetest thing ever! Talk about manners! Blew me away!!

We, however, did not get to take Davis on his first trick or treating experience last night and of course I'm bummed. His fever shot really high again yesterday, so we decided we had better take him into the doctor and see what in the world is going on. Pneumonia! Yes, that's right. Pneumonia! How in the world? I have no idea. My poor little guy is so sick and it makes me just want to cry for him. So instead, he sat in my lap on the front porch and helped me hand out candy to everyone. He is such a trooper and seems to be hanging in there pretty good. I am just crossing my fingers that he gets better soon!

I hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween!

6 comments:

jules said...

I know what you mean. I have seen some pretty trampy costumes....

Too bad he is so sick. I hope today he is feeling better and the fever is gone.

Daisygirl said...

wait we can't be trampy at 16??? haha kidding! I already have decided that my daughter will be a tomboy forever!

I am so sorry about Davis...poor baby and poor mommy and daddy too! I hope he feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

i hope your little baby gets well soon. he does seem like a trooper and he'll overcome it. my son has a cold himself good thing it wasn't too bad and we're trying to give him all the rest he needs..

needless to say these preteens are getting away with it only if their parents allows them to leave the house that way. i've even seen some preteens wearing corsets and fishnet stockings the other night and i was just shocked that i'm witnessing this with my son with me. i guess halloween's a completely different holiday now.

Sandra said...

Awwww, I hope he gets better soon, pneumonia is a rough one.
As for slutty Alice in Wonderland, can I just say that at least they were wearing a costume. The teens around my place just showed up in their regular every day clothes. And I'm too scared of them to withhold the candy for fear they'd come back and egg my windows. I just cleaned them!

Shell said...

The costumes really are slutty. and I saw this year that Leg Avenue- which is one of the big makers of the slutty costumes, put out a line for little girls! They aren't quite as slutty, but they are slutty-in-training! What the heck???

Shannon said...

I totally agree...Halloween has gotten so darn trashy! A few years back when I was looking for a costume to wear for a Halloween parade at the school where I taught, I had a horrible time trying to find something that didn't look like I was prepping for a costume party at the Playboy mansion! They were all terribly slutty! I WILL NOT let GG wear some of the things out there when she's older...

Sorry to read your lil' man's so ill! That's just awful! Sending you and baby good thoughts and well wishes!