Thursday, November 4, 2010

Muffin Top, Be GONE!!

With the holidays coming up, it's hard to focus on eating right. Right?!? People having parties and get togethers. Festivities every weekend with all kinds of goodies laid out, just waiting to be devoured! If I'm standing next to you talking, but there is a cheese tray in site, unfortunately, my focus is on the stupid cheese tray. Yes, it's my weakness. Cheese. Add a little vino in the mix and I'm having a party all by myself.
So I'm doing things a little backwards right now. My goal is to lose five pounds by Thanksgiving. I know it will probably end up right back in the same spot, but hey, less to try and get rid of. With Michael and I going back and forth lately, I can't even tell you the last time we actually had a home cooked meal. We are so good at staying at home and cooking, but not with staying either at my dad's or in a hotel. So needless to say, I am feeling rather sluggish. To top it off, I have not been able to make it to the gym daily like I usually do. So mix in nightly restaurants and no working out=major blah! Back in the saddle. Starting.......now! Since I am in Dallas so much, I have decided to get a temporary gym membership until we figure out where in the heck we are going to live. That way, I can work out in Tyler and in Dallas. If we eat out, salads for this mama! I can do this. I'll be like the little engine that could. I think I can, I think I can.
Why am I telling you this? Well, if I write out my goals and actually can read them, I am more likely to get them done. Telling you about my plan is more of a reason for me to get my muffin top in high gear and make this happen!
Shed these pounds and pack them right back on. At least I will feel better in the meantime working out again!

Happy eating, everyone! :)


Just an update: Davis doesn't have pneumonia, but a very bad ear infection! Whew!!!
Michael finally got a call about the big move! Finally!!! Maybe things will start rolling along :)

5 comments:

Kari said...

Good idea! Never thought of it that way! It is hard eating out all the time and not getting the normal amount of exercise you're body is use to!

I enjoy all the yummy food and treats over the next couple months. I'd rather lose weight now and enjoy the season!

Daisygirl said...

Now that I exercise everyday when I skip I day I actually feel like crap....I need to lose 5 lbs so I can eat that in holiday food...haha!
Glad to hear that Davis doesn't have pneumonia!

Jenn said...

I know a LOT about eating out since I travel so much for work. There are a lot of places that have healthy menus. I am not a salad eater, but you can always do grilled chicke/fish and sub in sweet potatoes or veggies as a side. Now, if only I could practice what I preach ... I did great for years, but since my daughter was born I seem to have fallen off the wagon. Good luck!

Shell said...

Still a smart plan- less to loss after the holidays are over!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

It is so hard because everything feels so celebratory! I'm having the same angst right now.