Friday, May 22, 2009

Hopes, Dreams, Wishes, and Prayers

Expecting a child, has sent me on a whirlwind of thoughts of the future. Things I have obviously never really contemplated before now. Although it's very exciting, it's always overwhelming, as well as little nerve wrecking. Can I be the good parent I've always wanted to be? Can I be a disciplinary, as well as at some point, being a friend? Will I be loved and respected? Am I going to make the right decisions based on what I've been taught by my own parents and my own instincts? To these answers, well, I don't have them all yet. As for now, I would love to answer yes. All the books I've read so far won't truly help me, maybe just prepare me a little bit. I'm pretty sure this will be a learning experience every single day, for the rest of my life. Scary thought in a way, but I welcome it with open arms.

I never really knew how much I actually learned from my parents until now. I'm hoping now, I can instill the same values and morals my parents taught me when I was younger. Having a family that supports, communicates, and a positive place for all family members to thrive, creating a safe haven. I want to instill moral values in my children at a young age like they were with me. Until I was in my late teens, early 20's, did I really know why this was so important. Every moment counts and I believe that if they start at an early age with a great understanding of God and his love for his children, it will make a huge impact on their lives. I'm hoping they will get involved in the church that we belong to and have a deep awareness and belief in their faith as being a Catholic. I know this takes time and it's not always easy. I never understood for a long time. Knowing what I know now, along with feeling how I do know about our church, makes me wish that this had started a long time ago. "There is guidance for each of us, and by lowly listening, we shall hear the right word. Certainly there is a right for you that needs no choice on your part. Place yourself in the middle of the stream of power and wisdom which flows into your life. Then, without effort, you are impelled to truth and to perfect contentment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

There are so many wishes I have for Davis and of course my other children in the future. If I stated them all, I would never get off the computer! For Davis I wish to live life to its fullest and to find joy in all he does. I wish for him courage, innocence, and truth. True well being in his faith and family. To know he is loved well beyond belief and someday, be able to share his love with others. To grow up sharing with others, knowing not all personal items are as important as love. To give and share to others, especially in times of need. That no good deed is ever too small and always means something big to the person receiving. To give, but like my dad say, "you can't out give God." That no matter what, he has a good family here for him, no matter the circumstances. To live whole heatedly and when he dreams, dream on the stars. Never give up and if he falls, get back up and start over again. When the impossible seems too hard, try that much harder. Every mistake is a lesson learned and life is definitely full of life lessons. Take them with stride and an open mind. The answers aren't always written clear in front of you. Be open and honest, especially with yourself. Hopefully someday, Davis will appreciate his parents as much as I do mine. "A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."
Quote by Eda J. Le Shan

No comments: