Monday, May 4, 2009

Laughtears

Laughtears? Well, yes! For some reason, this has happened to me twice now since I've been pregnant, and find it rather embarrassing. Thank goodness, it has been just Michael or Rachel around, and not actually in public....but still! Something will set me off into incredible hysterical laughter, which I can't control. This has always happened to me, so I think nothing of it! The first time it happened to me, Michael and I were on the way to Dallas for the weekend, and I heard a commercial that sounded like we were about to be bombed. Of course, me being the blonde that I am, it took me a second to realize that it wasn't something outside, that it was actually the radio! Lordy! I started cracking up so hard, that I couldn't stop. Michael starts laughing so hard, because I'm laughing so hard. And of course this continued for a few seconds. Then out of no where, I felt the uncontrollable urge to just start balling, and it pretty much freaked me out. I had this look on my face that totally gave it away. Michael said, "Oh babe, you look like you're going to cry!" Too late at that point! I was experiencing chin quivering, nose running, big fat tears of crying! What in the world is happening to me?!? Michael is looking out the window at the point, trying to not laugh. I just kept shrugging my shoulders, trying to say that I have no idea what's happening. I was even thinking to myself, am I upset or sad about something? Um, no! Thank goodness I got it under control after a minute or two, but had completely taken all of my makeup off and had no kleenex. I had to use my little stuffed animal book mark to blot my face. Michael was just looking at me saying, " Wow, I've only seen that in movies! How is that even possible!" I have no idea! But it happened again. It was funny because Michael knew everything I was thinking. He would tell Rachel, okay, now she's trying to figure out why she's crying. She wishes it would stop. She's really confused and so forth. Oh my goodness! These hormones are going to be the death of me!

AND I figured out why pregnant women forget so much! Apparently our brains shrink 3-5% during pregnancy! Well, isn't that special!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I did exactly this at the weekend, one minute I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, the next I was sobbing my heart out and couldn't stop for ages! These hormones are crazy.