Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mudbug Madness!







Anyone who knows me, knows I'm totally in love with my crawfish! I would have been really upset if during this pregnancy, I couldn't eat them. That would have just been tragic. This past weekend, we went to my hometown of Shreveport, Louisiana, which I'll always be in love with! Mudbug Madness is a huge crawfish boil that is held every year and is a lot of fun and a lot of good eating! I probably added weight for both Davis and I this past weekend, but it was so good I couldn't helpt it. Everything was so cheap and so delicious. It did start to rain a little bit, but that didn't stop us from leaving...just yet! I had about 3 pounds of crawfish, but swear, I could've had more.
Before we left Shreveport, we were able to go to Strawn's Eat Shop for the best burgers. I have been going there since I was little and am still in love with it. My dad used to take me there sometimes for breakfast before school. They are known for their burgers and homemade pies. They are so deadly! Michael decided he couldn't leave without buying a pie. And no, not just a slice, but the whole pie. Great thanks! I'm glad we had people over the next day to help eat it, otherwise that would have just been bad news! We got to see an old friend, Carla Lenert, and stay at her house while in Shreveport. It made me so homesick, that we were trying to convince Michael to transfer! Of course, we'll most likely end up back in Dallas, but it's still nice to dream a little.

No comments: