Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Are We There Yet?

I'm two days shy of being 33 weeks along. How can I possibly gain any more weight? Wow! I think my belly will just be like a balloon and pop with pressure here pretty soon. Belly Butter by Burt's Bees has been my best friend. Even if the stuff doesn't work, I still use it religiously. I just keep telling myself it's doing something. My doctor keeps telling me, as I'm having meltdowns in her office, that my weight gain is fine and I need to stop worrying about it. Me? Stop worrying? Haha...that's funny. It is just so hard for me to jump on the scale and not feel like I'm going to hurt the thing. I'm still working out and eating pretty good, (if Michael would stop bringing those delicious pies home!) but it's hard to not see results like I used to. Okay, yes, I know it will get better all in due time.
I keep saying that if I knew this baby was healthy and at a good weight, please feel free to deliver early. I think by me saying this, I sort of jinxed myself last night. It was very ironic, because Michael and I went to our first child birthing class, which to say the least, was very interesting. I really think I could have gone without seeing someone giving birth to their baby and placenta. OH MY LORD! Okay, I'm calm. We learned about how to time contractions and what labor was going to be like. Well, to my surprise, around 10pm last night, I start having major contractions. This can't be happening! He hasn't even dropped yet! Stay in there, I was just joking! These contractions were not like the Braxton Hicks that I have had before. They kept getting more and more intense. After an hour of having them, Michael started timing them. They lasted for 3 hours and ended up sometimes being 2 minutes apart. Stay, Davis, stay! Bake a little longer, boy! Michael ended up calling labor and delivery to see what we should do while trying to stay calm. They told me to take a warm bath and take Tylenol PM, lay on my left side and see if they get worse. That Tylenol PM knocked me out, and plus it was 2am. I was still having a few contractions, but I was so tired that I just passed out...almost in the bathtub.

So, needless to say, I won't be working out today by doctor's orders and keeping my feet up. I feel like a whale from all of the 4th of July grub. After last night, I'm wondering what the real thing will be like. That was more than likely nothing, so I have a feeling I'm in for it! Plus, to make matters even better, I found out that if I've taken my blood thinner shot that day of delivery, I can not have an epidural. Are you serious? I have no pain tolerance, so that should be interesting. If there is a saint for pain, I need to look it up and start praying to them! :)

13 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my! You poor thing!

I completely understand how you are feeling about the weight gain. I am trying so hard to eat in moderation and not let myself splurge constantly!

Hang in there girl! I just turned 32 weeks today and I am counting down the days!

The Dimino's said...

I don't know what I would have done if I would have had any painful contractions!! I am not real good with pain either!! They say you have labor like your mom! It was true with me!!! Of course I was induced 3 days after my due date and felt very mild contractions and was in labor fir like 7-8 hours! They gave me an epidural pretty quick though!! I wasn't going to complain!! The most painful thing for me was the day after and that wasn't that bad!! I hope he does cook a little longer!! Maybe they might induce you at 38 weeks, that way he will be full term!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I hope that doesn't happen to you. I saw my sister-in-law give birth without an epidural and it is nothing I would ever like to witness again. Yikes!!! Don't worry about your weight gain. I found it very easy to take the weight off....it's the one time where you can eat what you want and not feel guilty. Is it your fault if Davis wants pie??? :)

Lisa said...

Goodness I'm glad everything is okay after the contractions - I haven't had any yet and I'm nervous.

Completely understand the weight gain issues - same here! I can't wait to really work out again :)

Lisa Petrarca said...

I had one of my boys natural and I survived BUT...I didn't do it again with my other two!LOL! I hope you're able to get the epidural.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog!

Lady Di said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by this morning. I hate to say this but it is (unfortunately) amazing at how much your belly can still grow through those final weeks. I had some contractions early with my first, but he ended up being 10 days late-YIKES! On a better note however, I went for the epidural (I am no hero)and it worked out perfectly for me. I went from a 4 to a 9 and ready to push within one hour after receiving it and I could still move my legs and knew when to push on my own.

Ashley said...

Yes, pregnancy and childbirth aren't as 'nice' as they seem! :)

Don't worry about the epidural, really.. I know there are horror stories, but I chose not to have an epidural with my first one and it really truly was NOT that bad. And I have a very low pain tolerance too. I can't stand even the littlest pain. However.. I viewed childbirth as something many, many women have done before me (epidural free too!) and that's what our bodies are made for.. and I just kept thinking those things. Plus, there IS an end in sight.. It can't go on forever!

Rose said...

bless your heart! It will all work out in the end. I remember always having so much anxiety closer to the end.
I also gained 75 lbs with my first baby and lost it all. and still have kept it off (working out)so its all about what you do after the baby...

Marisa and John said...

My sister was back to her original pre-baby weight 2 weeks after delivering. Not typical, but great inspiration!

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

Hang in there. I just had my fourth and thought I was going to explode. You look beautiful. I love the picture on your header. Thanks for coming by and seeing me.

jineen said...

thanks for tagging me:) i think your belly (from the pics i've seen) is beautiful! i wouldn't worry about hte pain, because in the end there isn't going to be anything to do about it except give birth, and baby davis is gonna come no matter what:) it sounds bad, but what i mean is that you will survive and get through it....and thne you will have your little pumpkin! 33 weeks....it is getting close now!

The Blonde Duck said...

I love your header picture!

Egads! Everything you described is what I'm scared of whenever we decide to get pregnant. I hope they don't deny you an epidural...bleah!

Thanks for coming by on my SITS day and making me a happy duckie! I hope you return to the Pond!

Aunt Julie said...

Good luck, and don't worry...the pounds just come right off after the baby is born! Stopping by from SITS to Share Some Comment Love and some encouragement...