Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hospital Visit #2...In A Week!

I didn't mention last time, but we ended up having to go to the hospital because my contractions were getting so severe and we were able to time them. The night before last, it happened again. I had no idea what to do and Michael was out of town. Needless to say, I was freaking out a little. Thank goodness I have such an amazing friend, Candice, that came to the rescue to take me to the hospital. (At like 1 a.m. Sorry!) While she was on her way, I standing here just staring at an empty bag, trying to figure out if I should pack one or not. (This time the contractions were every 2 minutes and coming on strong!) Then I forgot what I was doing and almost forgot the bag. Even though Michael was nervous last time, I didn't notice much because he was busy getting everything ready. I had accidentally called my sister, Rachel, and woke her up. I had to ask her probably twice what the heck I was doing and she had to remind me to put clothes in the bag. Haha. She was telling me to keep calm and breathe. I think I was actually holding my breath a couple of times!

After getting to the hospital, again, (I'm going to be on a first name basis with these people before it's all over with) it wasn't false labor. I was being treated for preterm labor but they were trying to stop it since I was only 33 1/2 weeks along. Last time they gave me one shot to stop contractions and it did its job. They are allowed to administer up to three and that's it. I kept asking, "How in the world am I going to know when it's real labor? I'm so confused!!" The nurse told me that unfortunate for me, I may be making a few trips up there because my body is in fact in labor. The frustrating thing is that they could not figure out why I'm having these intense contractions like this. My body isn't dehydrated, I haven't become a bodybuilder overnight and am lifting heavy weights, I'm obviously not walking marathons around the neighborhood. So, Davis is just really impatient like his mama and doing his best to make an early appearance. I ended up having to have all three shots this time and they kept coming. I was told I'm starting to dialate, my cervix is thinning out, and that it could be right around the corner. I was advised to keep my bags packed. If I was 36 or 37 weeks along, they wouldn't have stopped the labor and let him come. Crazy to think I could be at home with a baby right now...or getting ready to come home. I no doubt wouldn't be on the computer! :) Michael said I willed this child out since I was saying I'm so ready! The good news is that his brain activity looks wonderful and he looks really healthy. That's always nice to hear. He's so hyper in there, I don't know what to expect. Hopefully, Davis will get comfortable and settle down and decide to stay a little longer. Mommy and Daddy are ready to meet our little man, but just not yet. Wait a few more weeks!

**OH! I've rubbed off on Michael. I wrote a blog called Laughtears and now Michael does the same thing. I was able to witness it last night and laughed my butt off this time. He said it unfortunately happened a work a couple of times in front of the guys. I think he has some of my pregnancy hormones!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he stays in there for another few weeks. I went into pre-term labor at 35 weeks and they were able to stop it after 8 hours in the hospital having contractions. Not fun. I hope you are able to get some rest and stop having those strong contractions!

Erin said...

I hope he stays in! I hope you are feeling ok!

scrappysue said...

it's a very exciting time for you! i wonder if davis will be a hyperactive little baby too!!! all the best

scrappysue said...

oh - here from sits btw

Lady Di said...

Well, I hope he has a little more time to "bake". Try to get some rest while you still can.

Ashley said...

Wow! I've heard of that happening.. Do they have any idea how big he is? Maybe he's ready already! :)

Jessica said...

You poor thing! What an ordeal to go through and so much worse that your hubby was out of town! I would have been mortified!

I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out for you!

JennyMac said...

Oh boy...well, maybe he will extend his stay. Love your banner! Too cute. Visiting from SITS.

MIITB said...

Stay off your feet. That was my answer for everything when I was preggo lol. Hope he stays in a few more weeks for ya :)

Dumb Mom said...

What an exciting time for you guys! Hope the little man hangs on a bit longer. Just wanted to pop over and say thanks for stopping by my SITS party yesterday. Can't wait to visit your blog again in a few (hopefully) weeks and see the photos of the new addition:)

T Sharee said...

Its a female urination device!!! LOL

Tricia said...

oh my eventful glad baby is staying put a bit longer

Claudya Martinez said...

Hang in there!