Wednesday, November 4, 2009

10 Reasons Why I Can't Sleep

I love checking out other people's blogs and on , her latest blog prompt I chose was 10 Reasons Why I Can't Sleep. I'm sure I could come up with about 20...but here are the ones off the top of my head

1)the most obvious...I have a newborn. While he is starting to sleep better at night, the child is like a baby Superman and breaks out of his swaddle every night! Yes, it even has Velcro and he still breaks out of it. When this happens, he screams.

2) My child pees every 10 minutes. When this happens, he screams. This is more waking up.

3) My mind just does not stop. I mean does not stop. I lay in bed no matter how tired I am and think of things I need to do, want to do, should have done, why won't the baby stop crying for goodness sake?!

4) My husband is a snoring banshee. When he is exhausted from work, my Lord, I might as well sleep in the other room! Puh-leease man!

5) My husband thinks my pillows are his even though he has two underneath his head. Please don't touch me or lay on me. I have a baby laying on me all day. Thank you.

6) Is that a dog barking? Is that my dog barking? My dog howls so loud when he hears sirens and it doesn't matter what time of day/night it is. He's a special one. He's the same kind of dog as Old Yeller, but we all know how that movie ended.

7) I forgot to turn the air purifier on. I need some kind of white noise. I hate it being too quiet but can't sleep with actual noise. Yes, I'm a nut case.

8) I hate that my husband falls asleep at the drop of a dime and I'm laying there forever. Then that just upsets me.

9) Did I just hear the baby move?

10)Bottom line...yup. I'm pretty much just an insomniac.


Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

8 comments:

Michele H. said...

Jessica,
I struggled with sleep deprivation in those first weeks with our newborn. It actually threw me into postpartum, well that and hormones. My doctor prescribed a sleep aid, trazodone. It puts you into a deep sleep, but you aren't groggy when you need to wake up and deal with the baby. However, I did stop breastfeeding in order to take the medication, but it was the best thing for me and our family b/c I needed the sleep to function. Just sharing. Hope you are getting naps!

Lori said...

I, too, am an insomniac. I hear everything in the house. My husband says that it's "mom hearing" and that is how kids don't get away with anything!

Mama Robyn said...

I totally relate to these but now that my LO is 2 I am right there with you on #3.

Anonymous said...

Over from SITS.

Let me just say, BABY on your header = toooooo cute for words.

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

All those sleepless nights are so worth it.....

mamma b said...

I hear ya on #8. Visiting from Mama Kat's.

Annie said...

awww....it does get easier!!

but.....pretty soon you will be waking up wondering why baby is still sleeping and wishing that he would wake up so you can snuggle!! haha....

Anonymous said...

You list has pretty much the same answers I would give. We've got a 9 month old and she is FINALLY sleeping and not complaining about being wet. Visiting from SITS..again!

Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife said...

I can't sleep without my air filter!!! If I forget it, I am absolutely miserable!