Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's That Time Again...

Time for a growth spurt that is. My poor baby just seems so unhappy and I hate there is nothing I can do about it. This child is just plain wearing me out. He was sleeping so good, but when he hits growth spurt time, it's out the window. Last night, he actually woke up six times. Yes, six times. He didn't even do that when he first came home from the hospital. A few times he woke up just screaming, others he needed to be changed. Bless his heart, but please shhhh. Mama needs sleep too, kiddo! Yesterday was wonderful. Even though he's dealing with this, he had a great nap and I was able to get so much needed stuff done. Today is a different story. I am literally a walking zombie. I feel bad because I don't even have the energy to talk much to him. He just will not nap today. I'm crossing my fingers that that means he will possibly sleep better tonight, but I don't want to get my hopes up. We were able to do some tummy time this morning, but not too much. He is still fighting that everyday. He used to love being on his tummy but has decided to change his mind. He will roll from his tummy to his back in anger it seems like and then smile with this look of, 'I'm done. Right?!'

Dinner time for Michael and I is still something I have yet to figure out. Davis is still on a every 3 to 3 1/2 hour feeding schedule. This puts his afternoon feeding at 4 and then again at 7. It's hard to figure out because this is pretty much his cry time for the day due to his lovely bout of colic. I feed him at 4 and attempt to get dinner started before Michael gets home. If we don't eat before I feed him at 7, that puts him and I eating at 8 or later. How to eat around his crying? When to eat? Eat during his crying is never relaxing but sometimes we have to do it anyway. Does anyone else deal with this? Yes, suggestions would be great. I've thought of making him a bottle for his 7pm feeding so it wouldn't take too long. Who knows! My excessive tiredness is causing me to ramble today I'm afraid. I do think that if Michael had a normal job with regular hours, things wouldn't be so stressful. Here lately, he has had to be out of town a lot. It totally stresses me out. I just don't do well sometimes having to deal with the screaming all day by myself. I have those moments thinking I will never have more children. But then Davis will start giggling or smiling and of course he melts my heart. Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of being a mom and wouldn't trade it for the world. I think I just still need to work on my patience! :)Maybe 'Mommy and Baby Yoga' will calm both of us down!

3 comments:

Emily said...

It sounds like you're doing a great job! I hope you both get some sleep tonight :)

Heather@WHMB said...

I don't know if you are breastfeeding, but if so, definitely pump for the evening bottles. My husband would take my daughter when he got home from work and it was a really nice break. Tummy time - don't sweat it. They'll figure it out regardless, I used to stress about this too but she got it on her own time anyway.

As far as no napping - that can make for such a long day! I'm not sure if you believe in TV at all but I used to prop Brooklyn up and let her watch Baby Einstein. It's only 28 minutes but it felt like eternity to me. Some parents FREAK at the idea of TV but I had to do what worked, and again, it's not like she had cheetos and a coke accompanying her. :) Give it a try.

Most importantly - hang in there!

Susan said...

Hi Jessica,
I just wanted to see if you do baby product reviews.

Would you be interested in reviewing Nourish? We’d be happy to send you samples.

Nourish launched in Atlanta in June, has been picked up nationwide by The Paradies Stores and is sold in airports and baby specialty shops around the country. It was recently featured at the Emmy's and is getting a ton of interest from not only moms but celebrities of all types--Denise Richards's girls were just photographed with a bottle each!
Nourish Baby:
• 8 oz. purified spring water with volume markings for proper formula mixing
• Wide neck and extra room for mixing formula
• Has baby reusable and recyclable nipple tops
• Just add formula
• Alleviates washing out dirty bottles in public restrooms and stopping at fast-food restaurants to ask for water
• Small bottles fit tiny baby hands
• Made in the USA
• BPA free

Please let me know. Thanks!