Monday, November 23, 2009

You Know You Are A Parent When.....

This past weekend, Michael and I went to a shrimp boil at our good friend's house. I looooooooove me some shrimp and was so excited about it. Preparing for the time we were going to be there was a different story. I felt like we were moving in taking Davis over there. This was the first time we have been at someones house during his bedtime, so we wanted to be ready...crossing fingers, that is! We showed up with our hands full with baby in tow. We brought his pack and play and set it up in the bedroom for him to sleep in. I had to bring my breast pump to get his bottles ready for night time feedings. *I've been feeding him a bottle for his 7 and 10pm feedings and this has been doing great. I know he is getting the amount he needs and sleeps great. We brought the monitor since we knew that we would be outside hanging out with friends. Then the usual diaper bag with extra clothes, etc. A few minutes after showing up, I had enough time to say hi to everyone and sneak into the back and feed Davis at 4pm. Save shrimp for me, people! Of course Davis decided to eat like he hasn't eaten all day, so I was in there for what seemed like forever. After about an hour or so of being there, I had to pump to get his 10pm bottle ready. I'm all set up in the room and then realized that I forgot one of the parts to the pump. Go figure! Only me, I swear. So you know things have changed when you leave a shrimp boil to go get a part to your pump. Good times. The night went great and surprisingly enough, Davis slept so good over there. I said that I think we should bring him over there every night to put him down for bed. Our friend was joking around saying, ahh...you guys are such parents, pointing at the baby monitor clipped onto Michael's jeans. It was pretty cute, I have to admit. Baby monitor with beer in hand. I was just so glad that we were able to hang out with friends and Davis was so good. I don't think he cried once except for when he had a wet diaper. Not too bad. Can't complain! And the food was especially good! I'm ready for some more!

3 comments:

Moments and Impressions said...

Your husband with the baby monitor on his belt and a beer is hilarious. I can see my husband there in a few months.

So glad that you guys had a successful night out!

Annie said...

isnt it rediculous the stuff that you have to pack for one short outing?!?!? oh...gone are the days when we could just jump in the car on a whim and head out!! OH WELL...all so worth it!!

Lisa said...

Congrats on a successful trip! We just had our first one where when we left, it would be bedtime with an hour drive. I felt so successful after transitioning from the car seat to crib for the night!