Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Baby Can Read...

Okay, not really. But if you've heard of "My Baby Can Read," then you know what I'm talking about. I've read and heard several different success stories, so Michael and I figured we would give it a try. I never have the tv on during the day, so for Davis to be allowed to watch any tv (I know, he's only 2 1/2 months!) is big..haha. He's really interested in it and I am really interested to see how it works. You start the videos and flash cards around 2 1/2 months and the kit ends at 5 years of age. I'm hoping this will give him a good head start for preschool/kindergarten. Maybe he can teach Michael and I Spanish :)

Since Davis was born, we have been doing Baby Wise and following the book. The whole saying,"I wish my baby was born with a manual," well, that's pretty much it. If you haven't heard of it, it's supposed to be the "gift of sleep." The basic concept of it is to get your baby to start sleeping through the night at an earlier age and allow more time together as a couple. Of course Davis still has his days and I do realize he is just a babies, but I also know that babies and children strive on schedules. He does such a great job with it. Not everyday is great, especially since he has colic, but it allows Michael and I to have dinner together most nights and watch a movie/have us time. Davis is also sleeping through the night now with the occasional diaper change anywhere from 3 to 5am. Not too bad. He doesn't have his first feeding of the day until around 7:30 when he wakes up. Ahhh...sleep. Oddly enough though, he's sleeping great and I'm not some nights. I don't get it! It's so frustrating, but I'm hoping it will pass.

I love watching his progression and see him notice and discover new things. He is still fighting tummy time a lot, but seems to like it in the morning more. He's rolling over which is so cute. He starts laughing when he rolls on his back. Which by the way, I heard him actually laughing for the first time about a week ago. It totally melted my heart.
His first laugh :)


Vote for me by clicking:Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

5 comments:

New Mommy!!! said...

our pediatrician recommended that book to us, and I never did pick it up, I always meant too:) Our little one was sleeping through the night, and waking up at 7:30 pretty regularly too at Davis's age as well. Nikolina liked Tummy Time better in the morning as well! I have not heard of the "My baby can read." It sounds interesting, I will have to look into it. I never turned the TV on either while I was home with Nik while on Maternity Leave. They are only little once, you have to enjoy every minute! Isn't it great to watch them meet milestones and become their own little person! Love it! Can't wait till we have another one! the first laugh is memorable! Enjoy!

The Dimino's said...

I have heard really bad things about YBCR. Here is a a blog that talks about it. http://trevorcairney.blogspot.com/2008/07/your-baby-can-learn-to-read.html

Lift Like A Mom said...

That's fine. We did research on it. People have said bad things about Baby Wise too, but we love it.

Karen M. Peterson said...

That's so great he's sleeping well at night. A few of my friends have had trouble getting their babies sleeping well.

Your little guy is adorable!

said...

Aww...that picture at the end of this post is SO CUTE!