Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My Life In Limbo






This week, for TTUT, I thought I would fill you in on what's been going on with us little family. I know you may be thinking, isn't that what I normally do on here every week? Well, yeah, but that's beside the point. Since it's not "official" yet, I thought I would keep my mouth shut. But seeing as how that is beyond hard for me, I'm caving and filling you in.

If you've been following my blog for a while, you know we have been like a group of gypsies, moving. A lot. Moving too much. MOVING! AHHHHH!!!!!!!! Last January, we moved to the suburbs of Dallas from East Texas. Our whole goal while living in E. Tx was to get back to Dallas, to be close to my family. Especially with having Davis, we really wanted to be near them again. Isn't that weird?? We actually WANT to live close to my family. Shhh....don't tell them. They will get a big head. I was so excited to be there again. I was able to reconnect with my friends more, which was AWESOME! They got to be around my crazy self again! Who doesn't like some crazy :) Well, living back in Dallas was short lived. 7 months, too short lived! We packed it up and moved to Tulsa. I was beyond devastated and was ready to throw in the white towel. But seeing as how I'm extremely awesome, I took Tulsa like a force to be reckoned with. I joined groups, had a gym in two days, and started a clientele for my business. FYI, don't do a groupon if you have a mobile business. It was stupid. Stupid, I say. Needless to say, the unthinkable happened. I fell in love with Tulsa. Check your pulse. There is so much to do here, whether as a family, or just Michael and I. We have done so much more here, than we ever did in Dallas. Plus, we found an amazing sitter company, Seeking Sitters (check into it....seriously!) so date nights have been in full force! Davis has also been going to a phenomenal school, which he loves, and I work those two days. It has been so wonderful.  We also started building a house, and we CAN'T WAIT to get out of this apartment. Being in a small apartment with two adults, an 80 pound dog, a crazy two year old, and a slew of toys has been a challenge. I've met some really great people, one of which has become my best friend. (By the way, Brooke is a new blogger, so I think you should go say hi. Go here.)

I bet you're thinking that you're just so glad everything is hunky dory here in Tulsa and we have found the place to finally settle down. Um...no. Back to the life that is a gypsy, and it looks like are next move is on the horizon. Next stop, Houston. I know, I know. I would absolutely love to get some place and stay there. Sheesh! Trust me! The company that Michael started working for here in Tulsa, is being bought out and moving everyone to Houston. So, since before Christmas, we have literally been playing the waiting game. I have to say, I'm over it and beyond aggravated. I'm ready to rip this band aid off, and get on with it. We immediately called the builders and put that whole process on hold. If you guessed they are pissed, you guessed right. It has now been well over a month, and we know just as much as we did then. And the builders are still pissed! So are we coming or going? Building our house? Renewing our lease on the apartment? Looking for homes in Houston? Do I continue to build my clientele? Network? Put it on hold?  Do I get my head shaved? (Just seeing if you were still with me!)

Tomorrow is the big day that we have been waiting for. Michael just left to catch a flight to Houston, to have a meeting tomorrow and see what they offer him. I said that if we have to move, they should just give Michael at least a $30k raise, but Michael didn't think they would like that too much. A girl can dream, people! But still, now more questions. Are we getting reimbursed for the building of the house and the loss? Are we getting the moving package? $30k raise? haha! More importantly, do I get a private jet?! And should I shave my head?

Phew! That was a load off! I figured if I didn't write it down, then how will you ever properly stalk my blog, and know what is really going on! But truly, I like to look back on my posts and see what was going on at the time. So, to wrap this sucker up, I will for sure keep you posted on my life in limbo.

FYI, moving to Houston now would actually be a good thing. If we don't go now, we would HAVE to move within two years, when the entire company has to be relocated. Meaning, we would have built our house, then have to move -OR- Michael would have to find a new job at that point. I say, let's do this thang and get it over with! I'm ready to take over Houston!!!!

4 comments:

Shawn said...

I haven't moved in over 10 years, the thought makes my stomach hurt! You're a very brave, patient woman thats for sure.

Happy packing!

Thanks for linking up with us, we appreciate it!

Robin said...

bummer! And don't shave your head! I think I could get to like Houston if I lived on the outskirts of it... But that traffic. WHOA! not for me.

Impulsive Addict said...

Well, i'm glad that you fell in love with Tulsa. I LOVE it. I don't know what I would do without it.

You'll do ok in Houston too. Live in the burbs. I've heard that traffic is cray-cray. Let me know what the word is. But I'm sad you'll have to leave and are kind of in limbo right now...

Thanks for linking up! I've missed seeing you!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

That is hard. I can think of not much more stressful than a lot of moving. Take care as much as possible!