Saturday, August 21, 2010

Already A Year?

To my little sweet man,

I can't believe you are already a year old! I still feel like I just had you in my tummy, kicking my ribs and swimming around in there. You were the sweetest little baby, and grabbed my fingers with your tiny, precious hand. I immediately fell in love with you.





This past year has been a rollercoaster of emotions, while learning to adjust to a new life with you. I have learned so much from you already, and feel that you have made me into a better person, and the mom that I have always wanted to be. I love watching you explore the big, new world around you. It feels like I am experiencing things for the first time with you. Seeing things through your eyes. You have taught me to be more patient and enjoy life more.



You still aren't saying 'mama' and I almost think it's just because you are doing it on purpose. You start laughing when I try to get you to say it. Little stinker! The words you are saying are of course dada, baba, and lala. Can I get a mama, please? You also babble all of the time, and talk to yourself everyday in your crib. It is the cutest little sound. You have finally started crawling in front of us within the last month. You were for some reason, hiding the fact that you were crawling! We caught you on video. Boy, you are a handful! Your favorite thing right now is throwing things. And I mean everything! I don't know how some of your toys haven't broken because you chunk everything full force across the room! You also love playing ball with me and your dad. You'll throw the ball and catch it. If you could do this all day, I'm sure you would. The door stoppers have also become a favorite right now. It's the little things!




Learning is a must for you. You want me to read books to you all the time and you will sit quietly and help me turn the pages. You also love flash cards. Excitment is written all over your face when you get a card right! I'm such a proud mama :)




I can't even begin to express how much I love you and how you have changed my life. I can't wait to see what the next year brings and continue to grow right along with you! I love you Davis!





Mama





7 comments:

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

happy first birthday!

Shana Putnam said...

Happy birthday precious boy!! Before long you will be potty training him like I am Blaze now. It really flies. Love the pictures too.

Kimberly said...

Happy 1st birthday...he is a cutie!

Heather said...

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!!! I'll be posting a similar post on the 31st. I am still in denial about my kiddo turning 1. The time just FLEW by. It really does seem like yesterday when our babies were still kicking our ribs and swimming inside. Congrats on your first year as a Mommy!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Aww, you will treasure this post forever. What a beautiful letter.

Sherri said...

He's just adorable, and how fast that first year goes, doesn't it?! I always felt like they were teaching me as much as I was teaching them...

Amy J said...

How cute is he? Happy birthday to your little one...it goes by so fast!