Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I Gave Birth

Okay, no, I obviously did not give birth yesterday or anything. But as many of you know, my little guy's first birthday was last week. With all of the planning, hecticness, full house, and excitment, I didn't really think about what that day really meant to ME, in particular. Not like I want a gold medal or anything, but wow, I gave birth! I look at my 20 pound son and think, okay, how in the world. I realize he wasn't 20 pounds, all curled up in my belly! But I can't even imagine him that small anymore. When people say it goes so fast over and over and over...and over, they really mean it!

It still blows my mind that I carried him for the most uncomfortable nine months of my life. Felt like 19 months at the time, and of course now, it doesn't seem that bad. (Don't get confused here. I do not want baby #2 any time soon!) With the heat of the summer, the emotions, and feeling as big as a house just seems beyond worth it. Obviously! If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I would go from full on laughter, to full on crying in a matter of seconds!

So, another thing that dawned on me was that I designated Davis' first birthday, my birth day too. I mean, hello! I gave BIRTH to him, right? So, shouldn't I get something? (That's where my gold medal comes in) I decided that I deserved a new outfit. That's right. Deserved it. For Davis' birthday, I got me a new dress. Just because. All the blood, sweat, and tears can be rewarded, right?!? Michael just laughed at me. I have a valid point, here!!

And I didn't post a picture of Davis' amazing cake! So, so cute!!!

That's my rambles for today! Please don't forget to enter my clutch giveaway!!! Free purse, people!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

You know, you may be on to something there....!

Heather said...

The cake is AWESOME!!! Love it!! And congratulations on your birth day. I say go get yourself another outfit for all your hard work! ;o)

Kari said...

Okay, so I read the title and thought 'did she really have a baby?"

With both my pregnancies, they were the most uncomfortable 18 months of my life. Gagging, nauseated, just plain uncomfortable. Number three won't happen. I would cry if that would happen!

Happy birthday to your little guy and to you - since you did all the work :o)