Friday, August 13, 2010

Booted From Babycenter?!?

Have you ever heard of Babycenter.com? You know, the site that will send you weekly status updates on your baby, where you can join different groups and discuss topics on your child? Get support on issues, share pictures, connect? Sometimes these moms are like a lion that escaped the cage at the circus. They unleash their inner anger out of you that they have been holding back from their children. It's like a cyber cat fight! Claws out and teeth ready to sink in.

One of the groups that I am in on babycenter is a stay at home moms group. Women get on there and vent all day about how much they hate staying at home with their children. What do you do with your time? I wish I was working. I haven't gotten out of my pajamas in two weeks. Is it normal to not have sex since your honeymoon? You get the picture. I decided to attempt and offer a helping hand. Since I don't like rules, and prefer not to read them, I crossed a major boundary with Baby Center. Many moms were discussing how they wish they could stay at home, yet still work. So, of course a light bulb went off over my head! I will share with everyone about Stella & Dot. If I can do it, anyone can do it. So I went on to talk about the benefits, the perks, how it has helped me keep my sanity. It sounded so good, I made myself want to sign up again! I really thought this would be such a great thing for other stay at home moms like me. That we could bond and do this together. Like we were going to end world hunger, or something. Yeah, but no. That didn't go over so well. Next thing I knew, my inbox was flooded with responses to my post. My initial reaction was to get very excited, thinking that I had such a great reactions. That other moms were jumping for joy of the thought of this opportunity. Fine, I'm exaggerating a tad. But it was the exact opposite. My post got shut down. Someone commented and said BOO! BOO!!! Really? I got booed on babycenter? Booed? Well, turns out that what I wrote was considered spam and I had gone against their biggest rule of posting topics on their site. But the comments kept coming. I was told that if they were the site GO, they would have shut me down too. Okay, by this point, this was all becoming absolutely hysterical. Do they really take that, that seriously? Wow, people. I was considered advertising, but if I wanted to rewrite my post and get it 'approved' that I was able to do so. Thanks oh so much for the offer babycenter, but no thank you. And the comments and emails kept coming. I felt like I was in jr. high, being bullied. Can we say ridiculous?

So dare I say I won't be posting anything close to that on babycenter in the future. So beware my online, mommy surfing friends. Sometimes when you try and lend a helpful hand, or typing finger, case closed. I didn't realize I sounded like an advertisement. Maybe I missed my calling!

13 comments:

Vanessa Madrigal said...

ha ha ha, only you! love you!!! xx

The Zany Housewife said...

Wow. How lame. And yet, I'm not too surprised.

Tutus N' Trucks said...

oh my gosh..People. I dont really like alot of 'baby' sites because the moms can be quite vicious.

Shell said...

They should have just deleted the whole thing so that you didn't get hit with all those emails if they didn't want it on there like that. Ridiculous.

Sherri said...

Unbelievable!! I am out of the baby-stages, so I've never been on this site....but man, what's up with that? I honestly think that some of these moms probably don't want ideas or possible solutions, they just WANT.TO.VENT. There you go and ruin it for them with an IDEA!

Wow.....

Daisygirl said...

are you freakin serious??? What the hell? Wow is all I can say...the dumbest thing ever!

I still love ya ♥

Maegan said...

how dare you try to help them?! what were you thinking?

i can't believe that actually happened. ridiculous!!

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

Oh my! Babycenter bitches! We'll go beat em up.

Kari said...

Of all the things that are important in this world, this was just too much for those mommies. How sad. How embarrassing :o)

Lothiriel said...

Oh wow...

I'm a member of the October Babies group, and they are just as vicious! I can't stand drama. I rarely post because most of these bitches are judgmental!!

Shame on you for trying to help them and giving them options and better reasons to enjoy staying at home! xD

LisaDay said...

Look at you, writing advertorials without even knowing it.

I like babycentre but only get the emails about development. I will keep in mind not to post on the forums.

LisaDay

What I Did Today said...

That sucks. I'm sorry you got pounded on. I just don't get it when moms treat other moms nasty and get all judgmental. It just doesn't make any sense. We need to band together and support each other, just like you were trying to do.

Unknown said...

My partner and I have been trying for a baby for over SEVEN years, We were going to a fertility clinic for years before somebody told me to contact this spell caster who is so powerful called Agbazara Temple for him to help me get pregnant,And I'm glad we contacted DR.AGBAZARA, Because his pregnancy spell cast put us at ease, and I honestly believe him, and his powers really helped us as well, I am thankful for all he has done. contact him via email at: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or ( WHATSAPP; +2348104102662 ) if you are trying to get a baby, he has powers to do it.