Tuesday, February 7, 2012

AB &J Burger-Recipe You HAVE To Try!

Last night, I made the most amazing dinner and so I have to share it with you. I'm thinking you should copy and paste the recipe so that you can wow your family, too! It is pretty mind blowing, let me tell you!

It's a Almond Butter & Strawberry Jelly Burger!! You're probably wondering if I'm pregnant, for making such a concoction, but the answer is a big no. I actually found this recipe over at The Clothes Make The Girl, blog. To back up a little, Michael is has a new obsession with CrossFit. If you've never heard of it, it's like a workout on steroids. He comes home almost daily all bruised up, but goes right back the next morning for more torture. I've met so many people lately that do it, and swear by it. In CrossFit, they follow the Paleo diet. I told Michael I would follow it with him, but not 100%. It's also called the Caveman diet. All of these terms refer to roughly the same way of eating; they are based on the idea that we are healthier—both mentally and physically—when we mimic the nutrition of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. It's pretty interesting, so this is a 'paleo friendly' recipe.

Almond butter Burger-


Makes 2
Ingredients:

1 cup strawberries, sliced

1/2 teaspoon lemon juice

1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger -I didn't use this bc I'm allergic, but was still great

8 ounces ground beef- you can also use ground turkey :)

salt & pepper, to taste

2 tablespoons organic (sugar-free) Sunbutter or almond butter- I used almond and wanted to eat the whole jar!

1-2 scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, mix the strawberries, lemon juice, and ginger; set aside.
2. Generously season the ground beef with salt and pepper, form into patties, and cook your favorite way. I like to grill them on the gas grill so they’re crispy on the outside, but pan fried would be really tasty, too.
3. While the burgers are cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium-high. Pour the strawberries and their juice into the pan and sauté the berries until they’re very soft and syrupy. They should be reduced to about 1/4 cup. Allow to cool a bit.
4. Put the Sunbutter in a microwave-safe dish and heat until thinned, about 40 seconds.
5. When the burgers are done, top each with 1 tablespoon of melted Sunbutter and 1-2 tablespoons of the strawberry “jelly,” then sprinkle with scallions

There was no talking about the dinner table last night. It was THAT good!! If you try it, let me know what you think :)
 
Have a great day!

4 comments:

jules said...

That actually looks really good.

Impulsive Addict said...

This looks good and is healthy too! My favorite kind of recipes these days! =)

Unknown said...

This totally DOES sound like a pregnancy craving! The ingredients don't sound like they should go together but the picture is so pretty & since you said it's really good..... I might have to try it. I have a feeling I'll be surprised. :)

... said...

sounds delicious :)