Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Playing Catch Up






Today, I'm linking up with one of my favorite linkups. So if you haven't linked up, you should go link up with my link up, and we can be linked together! Yes, that just happened.

I haven't been able to blog in almost a week, so this is going to be a blog mess of playing catch up. It's ever so exciting in my world, so of course you are dying to know! Grab a cup of coffee, why don't ya!

This past weekend, I went to another concert! Yes, another! I feel like I'm in my 20's again and it's so much fun! I went with my bestie, Brooke. It was like our little friend's date night, and it was so much fun! We made our first stop to one of my favorite restaurants here, SMOKE. Let me just tell you, their food is like heaven on a plate. So, so, so good. I love this place so much, I even stock up on their ketchup. Which I'm out by the way, so I guess I need to go back. What a shame!
Then, on to Cain's Ballroom to see Matt Nathonson. I'm sure you've heard many of his songs on the radio, so I'm not going to talk about him. However, I could do a video for all of you and sing you some of my favorite songs. Think Ellen would let me on her show? New found talent? No, okay, well the opening act blew me away. I was like a tree left with no leaves. (sorry, that's all I got!) Rachel Platten rocked the house! I bought the album and a shirt. I am prepared to be a Rachel Platten groupie. She has a theme song for an ABC family show, Jane By Design. (I have no idea what that is, though)  Instead of giving you a little synopsis of what her music is like, just listen for yourselves. Hope you love her as much as me. Now go buy her album :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/69qqls2hvBc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>iframe>
Overall, perfect friend date night!

New news on the moving side. IT'S FOR SURE HAPPENING! Michael starts March 19th in Houston, and I'm actually getting excited. As much as I've absolutely loved my time in Tulsa, (all 6 months of it) I think this will be so awesome for our family. Why do I want to move? I don't actually want to, but it's inevitable. If we don't move now, we will either have to move in about a year, or Michael will have to find a new job. So let's just avoid it all and get this thing over with. Also, everything has worked out with the house we were beginning to build here, and things are starting to fall in place. The area we are looking to move to seems awesome!!! We will be close to downtown, which is a dream of Michael's, and close to so many things to do. I've already looked in to networking, mom groups, schools, etc. I hate getting somewhere and feeling lost. And on that note, thank goodness for GPS! Whew! So, I think it's time to find a house. Think so? We are going next week to start, so cross your fingers for us. Hopefully this time won't include a long hotel stay! UGH!

And last but not least, today is Valentine's Day. I know a lot of you don't like Valentine's Day. You may be single and are anti cupid, think it's a government holiday to get us to spend more money, or is all Hallmark spending. Or, the why have one day to tell the other person you love them? I get that, trust me. Michael and I have date nights a lot, leave each other little love notes, and show each other we love them all the time. I just love, love. And why not have an entire day dedicated to such an amazing and powerful thing. Love is what brought us together in the first place. Well, that and a bottle of wine. That's another story. I love the little crafty things Michael makes for me each year. Sometimes, when he hasn't had time, he will make me a Valentine's gift in his office, and I only wish I could see his coworkers as they walk by his office. Cupid hits me hard, and all day I feel all warm and fuzzy. Even more warm and fuzzy than I normally do around him. And no, that's without wine! When we moved to Tulsa, I made a list of places I wanted to eat at, and there are a few we haven't been to yet. So although we said we wouldn't be venturing out tonight, Michael surprised me and made reservations at one of those places on my list. I have to say I'm excited! Plus, Davis has been in a foul mood today, so I look forward to a nice romantic evening, just the two of us.

To end the Valentine discussion, here is a short conversation between the two of us. FYI, this is a totally normal conversation.
M: happy v d
J: happy venereal disease?
M: um, no
J: I don't think that's one that we should shorten
M: only you!
J: And you know this!

Have a great day, everyone!

5 comments:

Stacy Uncorked said...

Awwww! Michael is definitely a keeper! :) I love that he takes the time to make crafty things for you - how sweet!

Sounds like the move is falling perfectly into place - how exciting!

Happy Valentine's Day! :)


Valentine’s Day, (Possible) Near-Sighted Princess, The End of a Crappy Schedule

Anonymous said...

awwhhh how adorable is that wedding pic!

Shawn said...

That picture is gorgeous and super romantic!

I'm glad you took advantage of VD day and went out, dating does;t stop just because you're married!

Thanks for linking up with us, IA and I XOXO you!

Anonymous said...

love matt nathanson. congrats on the new job for your hubs and hope the move goes well! xoxo

Impulsive Addict said...

Hey! Sorry I'm just now commenting. I'm in texas this week and it has made blogging difficult!

I'm sad to hear that you're leaving but I know you'll be happy down south. Texas in my next favorite state!!

We've been to Smoke and we like it too. We really like BoneFish. Have you been there? It's on 71st and 169.


I love that pic of the two of you! SO sweet!! Thanks for linking up with us my friend. I really appreciate it!