Monday, February 27, 2012

Worst Fashion MISTAKE-Make My Monday Linkup

Mommy’s Sippy Cup
For those of you just tuning in, it's Make My Monday with myself and Kelly over at Just The Two Of Us. Every week, we will have a question posted to get to know our readers better! It's a fun way to start the week, because who really likes Mondays, anyway. What you need to do, is make sure you are following BOTH of our blogs, grab our cute little button and linkup with the question. Simple as that!

This week, the question was what is one fashion fad from your past that makes you cringe now when you see pictures? (hair, clothes, makeup)And show us the pictures :)

Ready? Go!

I have to tell you that I searched high and low for a particular picture of a certain trend I am going to share with you. I absolutely had no luck, BUT, I was able to google some pretty great pictures to to paint a pretty awesome image in your head. From the age of about 12-questionable, I had an amazing ghetto fabulous look going on. I worked hard everyday to wear the baggiest clothes I could find. The biggest, and baggiest shirts that were sold at men's XL stores. My guy friend's clothing became automatic possession of yours truly. To top it off, my hair was what I call, a ghetto fabulous A-line. It was a typical A-line haircut with a twist. It was shaved up in the back, instead of stacked. Yes, you read right. Shaved. I shaved my freaking hair!! Believe it or not, this was actually popular and I decided I needed to try it. This is one time I did NOT need to be with the current trend. You may be thinking this was a popular trend only in my head, so you are just going to have to go with it.
Look at the style and detail on the baby? That should win a hair trophy. Just beautiful, isn't it?! So that hair, paired with something a little like this......

Even though those are guys, I'm sure that is what I looked like. A tiny, petite thing, with clothes three times as big on my body that swallowed me whole. (Okay, don't worry. My clothes weren't literally that big. I still had a female side in me!) What tiny little chest I did have under there was hidden and blended in right with my sexy outfit. I mean, if this doesn't scream HOT, I don't know what does. It especially had a nice classy look when singing in choir class. If you're wondering how I ever had a boyfriend, this is what I attracted.


A dream of a guy that any mom would be so proud of.  Michael tells me that we would have for sure been friends, but he would have never dated my hot mess, self! Hopefully this creates the most incredible image ever in your head of what a hottie I used to by. I mean, I obviously won best dressed at school!

Okay, you're turn! Don't forget to follow us both and grab the button when you linkup! I can't wait to see what your worst fashion fad was :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it!~ i freaking love it! haha the cut is sooo fab!

Unknown said...

I keep forgetting to link up for this! Shame on me. Okay, setting an alarm for next Sunday night so I won't forget! But i loved reading your post. So fun !

Impulsive Addict said...

CRAP! I will need email reminders. I want to do this on Monday's but I freakin' forgot. I took a week off. See what happens when I take breaks??