Monday, April 19, 2010

Davis Is 8 Months!

Once again, this past month has flown by in warp speed. I swear, my life has never gone by so fast. And still I get sad and excited all at the same time as he is getting bigger and learning new things. Davis still isn't exactly crawling, but is moving around. He has the whole army crawl down, but only manages it in circles. He does a lot of circles over and over on the ground. He will even move backwards and every direction, except for forward. Go figure!

He LOVES all food still, except green beans. The kid even likes cauliflower. Odd, right? I'm still making his food and stock up a ton in the freezer. I've been making his meat now and mixing it with different veggies, which he loves. He's now also eating cheerios, little puff cereals, and I also give him chunks of bananas.



Davis is saying baba and dada a lot and babbling all of the time. We have some pretty in depth conversations. He's a great listener. Thank goodness he can't respond yet!! Lord!

His schedule is still going great, thank goodness. He is on a 4 hour schedule starting at 8 am and then goes to bed around 8pm without waking during the night. Now, if only I could sleep as good as him, we would both be doing great! Davis is taking two naps during the day, each two hours, and then a power nap for about 45 minutes at the end of the day. I only wish some people in my family would understand my whole nap time schedule with him, but who am I kidding?!
I am still wondering when his red birth mark is ever going to go away. I think the poor kid is stuck with it for a while. When he gets upset and starts screaming, it is beyond beet red.

Of course to others, this is a boring post. For me, I am trying to keep track of what he is doing in case I decide to go on this roller coaster again. There is so much more and I am drawing a blank. Do I still have Mommy Brain?! That's what we will go with.

7 comments:

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

You will be grateful you catalogued it all. My boy used to love to sit outside in that same Boppy seat!

Unknown said...

Squee he is so cute. My little girl is 10 months today and I just can't believe it.

Daisygirl said...

That is so funny he doesn't like green beans but likes Cauliflower! He is just so squeezably cute!

I think 8-9 months is my favorite age!

Kristen said...

I'm making Caroline's food too and I was wondering how to incorporate the meat and exactly how to prepare it.

Do you have any suggestions?

ASREEHER said...

he is just tooo cute!! after porter is born while i am on maternity i am going to need to come visit you and watch you make some baby food so that when porter is old enough i will know what to do lol

Ashley said...

I like hearing about him! He's so close to mine. :) Mine also has the little red birthmark on his forehead.. It's a lot less noticeable than when he was younger and I think most go away by the age of 1 or so.. although I've heard they can continue to come back when they get upset!

Maccha-mocchi said...

I don't think this is a boring post at all!! I have a 8 mo's monkey who's kickin' and climbing all over me!! REading your blog, giving me so many good ideas how my son would act or even myself as a new mom!