Sunday, April 25, 2010

Desperately Seeking Mommies!

So, today was perfect. Weather: Check. Michael off and home with us: Check. Davis in a good mood: Check, check. So, what shall we do today? Picnic? Yes, please. We pack up our picnic basket, (yes, we have an old school picnic basket. Don't hate.) and head to the park for some rays and relaxation. My husband made the lunch today, so I knew it had to be delicious. (I am blessed with a gifted husband in the kitchen. Maybe I should rent him out)

Delicious salad, homemade tortilla chips, yummmy sandwiches, and a little vino. Yes, ma'am. You know this! Davis absolutely loves being outside. If I could, I would put his crib in the backyard. I don't think he has ever been in a bad mood outside!
As Davis started looking at all of the other people playing, of course we had to go join in. Then we get this look, begging us to hurry and finish our food. Take me to play now, please! As we are all on the swings, this really nice family starts making small talk with us. These people seem so nice and normal. Oh, they have a son Davis' age! This is so great!! New friend. You know how it is. Sadly, in my head, I'm thinking how excited I am that I am meeting someone new. Maybe we can gets the kids together for a playdate soon. Making new mommy friends can be so hard! Almost impossible it seems. Even if you're in a mom's group, or involved in things in your area, maybe you don't "click" with anyone. Maybe they talk too much. Maybe they don't talk at all. Or you have absolutely nothing in common.


So, maybe I should write a mom ad. Desperately Seeking Mommies. In search of: Someone relatively close to my age. Lives near! Has children preferably close to my son. Likes going to parks, being outdoors, and still can dump the kids off with the hubby and grab a glass of wine from time to time and have girl talk. Only in a perfect world...or a crazy world...would I actually do this. I have friends that I can talk to, friends that have children. But not many that have the same thoughts of raising children, can honestly share your issues with, especially without getting ridiculed from others and what they do is right or better.


Well, what did happen to that really nice family that we met at the park? Come to find out they didn't even live in our area. Wouldn't it happen that way! So, Davis and I kept swinging and having a good ol time. Maybe another day and another time. Until then, I'll keep writing my fictitious want ad.


12 comments:

Esther said...

Guess what?! I am viewing your blog! Oh and I love it! I totally agree that is is hard to find a good girlfriend who meets those qualifications! That is what I am looking for too! Too bad we don't live in Tyler or you don't live in Florida)):

Daisygirl said...

you should write an ad! Why not?
Love love love the pictures! And any man that can pack a picnic lunch like that is truly a keep for life!

I found when I had my first I lost so many great friends, either they didn't have children or we just lost that connection...totally sucks!
I did join a mommy and me gymboree class and found 3 amazing women there....6 years later we are still friends!

Unknown said...

Okay, first things first :)

*could he be any more adorable?! Love these pics!

*okay, that lunch is amazing looking. and with vino?! yummmm...

Now about the mommy thing. I have written classified ads--on my blog, haha! I think I did a post or two just asking for mommy friends--who lived in my area and not just the blogs I love. It is so hard, isn't it? I'm part of a mom's group and so far I like one of the moms in the group. One. *sigh* I guess I always envisioned myself with so many mommy friends...and it's not happening yet.

Hoping you find a wonderful mommy friend, honey! I would totally be friends with you if I lived by you!
xoxo

Danyele Easterhaus said...

i know!!! if blogland could only teeport us all together! stopping in from SITS to say howdy and that ur precious is sooo handsome!

ASREEHER said...

THAT IS ONE OF THE THINGS I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO....I LOVE MY FRIENDS BUT THE ONES I HAVE IN LONGVIEW DONT HAVE KIDS AND ARE STILL IN THE PARTY IT UP STAGES...BUT WHEN WE GET TO MOVE TO SHREVEPORT I WILL HAVE MY BEST FRIEND FROM HIGH SCHOOL JUST 30 MIN AWAY AND SHE HAD A BABY LAST OCTOBER SO WE WILL BE ABLE TO DO ALL THE FUN MOMMY STUFF...

Shannon said...

I'd answer your ad...I so want a group of other Moms with kids similar in age but so far nothing! We've only lived here a few years and most of my friends work, plus I don't know many people with small babies. Oh and my goodness, he is just too precious!

Lothiriel said...

DAVIS is pure cutenessssssss!!!!

I joined a meetup.com mommy group! It was ok, but most of the moms that met in the playdates had toddlers. Some were kind of stuck up; all had toddlers and I was the only one with a baby. They were far too busy running after their own children, that we didn't really talk long enough to make a connection. One, was just a plain snob, who looked at everyone up and down. LOL

She looked at my "undesigner" jeans and t-shirt, and probably "figured me out," or something.

It's hard to find moms. I even started a group for moms with babies, but nothing. Everyone my age has big kids around here! LOL! Moms with babyies Emma's age, are in their early 20's. I live near the military base, so there are a lot of military wives--very young wives. I'm the old one!

It's really hard to connect. I am also part of the Moms of Albuquerque forum in cafemom.com Very inactive.

bj said...

Your header photo is the CUTEST thing, ever. You are adorable and that baby...OMYGOODNESS...PRECIOUS.
Everyone needs a friend during this period of your life. No matter how much we love our babies, we still need ME time, with friends.

Thanks so much for coming over..hurry back!!
xo bj

LisaDay said...

Aren't babies fun? I live in on a street outside a small town. I hear you completely. My son's closest friend is a hour drive away.

LisaDay

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

My gawd that picnic looks wonderful. I will have to show the pic to my husband so he can have a look-see for good mother's day ideas. I would do play dates with ya and ditch the kids with hubbies for wine if we lived by each other. :)

La Familia Garcia said...

That is soo funny! I agree! Seriously, your son is SOO cute!

Working Mommy said...

HOLY HECK...YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!!!! I hear you about the mommy friends though...they are so hard to find - even if you do go to the park and join groups...ugh!!